This video by world class running and triathlete coach Bobby McGee is the best 6-minute explanation of proper running form I have found. Coach McGee illustrates the fundamentals of proper running gait including:
- The forward lean needed to make the most out of your momentum
- Generating power from the hips and pelvis
- Planting your hips squarely under your hips
- Optimal arm motion and speed
- Proper foot positioning & ground contact.
Play this back a few times, key in on the elements of proper form and put these into play and you should see some improvement in your running. Small things add up and Bobby does a great job of covering exactly how efficient running form should look like.